Saturday, July 26, 2014

One Last Field Trip

Yesterday we took the other half of the Lulwanda children on a field trip to Sippi Falls. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The hike was actually pretty challenging and many of the younger girls had a pretty hard time with it. We started off on the top of the mountain near the falls. We first had to climb down a wooden ladder.



The girls were so terrified. I mean what 4-12 year old girl wouldn't be? On top of their fear of the ladder, some high school boys came up behind us with their beautiful puppy. Because the dogs they've had experience with have been wild and mean, they are so afraid of them. The dog and boys were all super friendly. I was in the back of our group so I got to chat with them quite a bit. After the ladder, we had to hike down the mountain side on the most sloped and slippery trail I've ever walked on. I was falling all over the place, but those boys grabbed my hands and kept me on my feet the whole way down. It was the sweetest thing!

The bottom of the water fall was just so cool. That was the first real water fall I've ever seen super close like that.




We hiked back to camp a different way then had a few hours just to hang out on the grounds for a bit. This tree swing looked like something out of a movie or a magazine.





I enjoyed yesterday SO much. It was a great day spent with some amazing kids. Today is our last day at Lulwanda. We are leaving for church in just a little while where we will worship with the children. After church, we're going to have lunch, take care of a few things at Lulwanda, say our goodbyes, and head back to the hotel to pack up. Again, I must say, please pray for my strength and peace as I'm saying goodbye to this place and these people.

Anxiously,

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Praying for a safe return Amy Rose! It looks like you had an amazing experience, be safe!!

    ReplyDelete