Wednesday, July 9, 2014

First Day At Lulwanda

There are no words to describe how it felt walking up to that school Monday. It was a “hallelujah party” for the health and life of our team leader, Mike Thrasher. There are some pictures below and I will post a video sometime. These kids are more loving than you can imagine.

Sidenote: y’all should know I’m not really a “kid person”. What? A young girl who doesn’t like kids? I know; it’s weird. That’s part of the reason I wanted to come on this trip - so that God could soften my heart and open my eyes to these beautiful babies, and he has already started.

As a part of the celebration, the kids prepared songs and dances that they performed for us. It was overwhelmingly spectacular. They are all so beautiful and talented. I also have a few videos of this, but not enough wifi to upload them, so that will have to happen some other time. Overall, it was one of the coolest things I’ve ever experienced.

After the celebration, we got a little bit of work done and started painting one of the classrooms. At the end of the day, we had a bit of time to just hang out and play with the kids. My mom chatted with “beautiful Betty” and I played roll the tire with my buddy Solomon. It was an awesome day full of love and joy!

Love and Joy,

Amy












No comments:

Post a Comment